Thursday, May 27, 2010

#241 - Chasity

chas·ti·ty (chst-t)  n.
1. The condition or quality of being pure or chaste.
2. Virtuous character.

Everyone has heard the word before, right?  In this post however, it means something a little bit different.  It is the name.  The name of a girl.  A girl that my dad recommended to me as a baby sitter a few years ago.  A girl who was very sweet, very nice, and a girl who my ,almost teenage (at the time) son, looked at and his eyes bugged out like the cartoon character with the googly eyes!



Let me just say that she was put together nicely and leave it at that.

The reason that she makes my blog, is because this was the first time that I know of, that I realize that my baby boy was starting to grow up.  Don't get me wrong, I want him to grow up.  I mean, the goal is for him to be a smart, independent teen who grows up, goes to college, and then moves out on his own. 
Right?  Right!  (Sniff, Sniff) Find a girlfriend, find a job, get married, have a family of his own.
(Sniff, Sniff, Sniff) 
It's just that........  does it have to happen so fast?

Never mind that he is now only two years younger than Jeff was when we starting dating.  Never mind that he is taller than me.  Never mind that he is only a few years away from getting his drivers license.
(Sniff, Sniff again) 
It's just that...he said I was his girlfriend!

The first time she babysat, I heard about how fun she was.  I started to get suspicious when they asked me when we were going to need a babysitter again!

This is all your fault, Chasity!


No comments: