Wednesday, May 19, 2010

#234 - MW

I have talked on my blog about old friends many times.  #234 is not an old friend of mine, but he is an old friend of my dads.  (Not old as in age, but old as in longevity and wisdom...right?)  He has known me as long as I have been on this Earth and has been around through all my different stages of life.  He is a good friend to my family and to me.  He has two wonderful children that I knew very well as a child, and have managed to keep up with somewhat as an adult.  His daughter did some volunteer work at my office before getting into PT school and becoming a therapist.  She is a wonderful person and I know she makes her Poppa proud.  His son looks just like him (to me) and has given him two beautiful grandchildren to love.   #234 has been a patient of mine a couple of times, but usually manages to work it out mostly on his own.  I have to say, of all my dad's referrals, he is probably one of most compliant.  (Hence the wisdom prop above!)    He was a star QB in college and has stayed active since which decreases his aches and pains.  He always has a smile on his face and is willing to listen to the stories.  He is a man of few words, but I know that if I ever needed anything, I could call him and he would help me on the spot.  When I was in high school, I was a maid for Mardi Gras.  My dad was the Captain of the club and therefore could not escort me out to be presented.  #234 stepped in to act on my dads behalf.  I could not put my hands on the picture, but I just want him to know that I remember and I appreciate him stepping in as my surrogate presenter dad.

Thanks #234 for your constant friendship and love.  :)

Also, a plug for the yummiest BBQ in town.  #234's Buy U BBQ
Check it out here!!!  You won't be disappointed!

No comments: