Sometimes I just love living in a small town. I've been to New York, Los Angeles, Houston etc. and those towns are great too, but there is just some things about small towns that you can't find there (The Gap not being one of them).
I'm sure many of you who live here know the eatery and the ladies that I am talking about. You know the ones who greets you by name and ask if you want the usual. The ones who you call to place your pick up order and they know who you are by your voice. The ones who ask about your kids or say that they saw them the other day and they are getting big. For me, one of these same ladies is the one that I treated years ago, so we occasionally catch up on how her knee is holding out. Little things, but it still makes me smile. You know that when they say, "Have a nice day," they really mean it.
So I guess this post is a plug for one of my favorite restaurants in town. Great food, I love to sit outside, and our very own version (minus the bar) of Cheers, where everyone knows your name.
(On second thought...maybe it's just my name that they know...I do eat there a lot. Third thoughts - Nah...Jonie too, and Jeff, and their dad...)
11 years ago

1 comment:
MMMMMmmmmmm.... could really use some castalano's today.
Post a Comment