Friday, May 14, 2010

#228 - AC or ACT






I know a little boy that is the coolest of cool.  You know how in high school they had the really, really "cool" kid.  You know, the one whose hair kinda fell in his eyes, the one who drove the jeep, the one with the killer smile????  Ahhh...oh, excuse me, I digress.

I know a little boy that I am certain will be the cool kid.  We met him while we were building our house,  He lives across the street and during the summer, we add Trahan to the end of his name, because he becomes our fourth child.  He has an older sister of his own, but she is quite a bit older, and he fits into my family of three boys with ease.  During the fall and winter however, we never see him because he is at the hunting and fishing camp every second of every day with his dad.

He is a charmer.  He is always around for the fun, and disappears for the clean-up before you even know he is gone.  We go out to eat a lot, and sometime I look in my rear view mirror, and #228 is in the last seat with a smile on his face.  "Did you tell your mom?" I ask.  "Yes ma'am." he says with the grin.  He always travels well prepared with his wallet that contains more money than mine.  He always offers to pay for his own dinner in between flirting with the waitresses (did I mention is is only 13?).

He has made the rounds of several schools in the parish.  He says it is because his mom wants him to get the best education possible, but I think it is to meet girls.  He knows everyone in this town.  When he is out and about with us, I need to add in time for him to stop and talk to everyone we see.  I really mean it, he is an adult politician in a kids body.

When my boys are with him, they tend to be outside most of the time.  Swimming, fishing, taking out the boat, floating across the canal in the tube (By the way #228, y'all left the tube in the water and it popped!)  They've picked blackberries, paddled up and down, and played a million games of baseball in the front yard.  On any given day he could be helping Seth with homework, making a youtube video with Zack, or playing basketball with Blake.  I could not have asked for a better neighbor and friend for my boys. 

I love this kid and I know that he will turn out to be successful doing whatever he wants.


No comments: