Now this one is kinda the pot calling the kettle black and I have to lol at myself because yesterday, I parked a block away from my destination so I would not have to parallel park. Then, just a few hours ago, I did parallel park, and only went up on the curb...just a little...with only my back wheel. Yeah...I'm not the greatest parallel park-er, but this post beats even me.
A co-worker and I were on a CEU trip in Pennsylvania (or was it Pittsburgh?). Anyway, we were standing outside a cafe on a sidewalk waiting for a table when we observe a car, trying to parallel park in front of the restaurant. To say he was having difficulty is an understatement. He was really struggling. After a few minutes of turning the wheel all the way to the right...moving backwards about 2", then turning the wheel all the way to the left...another 2", I guess he decided that finesse was not cutting it and he need to take a more aggressive approach to the entire matter. That's when things got interesting. His new plan of attack was to go backwards until he struck the car behind him, push it a little, and then throw it in drive. He would then go forward until he hit the car in front of him, give it a shove, and then reverse. Not in a mean, mad way, but just in a forceful push of a way.
My friend and I just sat there and watched. Surely someone would help him (not me, but someone) or he would realize that he was hitting the cars and stop. But no...he continued for several minutes until I guess he figured he got it. We waited for him to get out of the car and at least check his own for damages, but nope. Just got out and walked right past up and into the restaurant to get a table.
Certainly an interesting way of getting it done. I wonder what color the clouds are in his world. Just a post that reminds me that it takes all kinds to make the world go round.
11 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment