Like the time...way, way back long ago when Jeff and I were dating and he let Jeff drive his Porsche to take me out on a date. Having a child who is getting closer and closer to 15 (which was the driving age at that time), I don't know if I am impressed with the trust he had in Jeff that allowed him to "loan" his car, or if I am wondering if he was out of his mind ?!?!?!?! Must have been the first, because the car was returned without a scratch on it.
Or the time...before we had kids, or a pool, or a house for that matter, and he would invite us over to lay-out by the pool and just relax. He would always get some fresh fruit and make homemade daiquiris which really made us feel like we were on vacation.
Or the time...that he volunteered to babysit for Blake while Jonie and I went shopping in New Orleans. These are the pictures that I got when we returned.
There are many memories that include #231. He was an instrumental part of my husband's life and therefore mine also. He is always willing to open his doors (and his kitchen) weather it be at the pool house, the shop, the houseboat, the lake house, the ranch, or the tiki hut. I can honestly say that he is one of the best cooks that I know, probably because each and every recipe starts that a stick of butter! He taught me how to chop onions and how to make spaghetti. I remember him cooking me baked potato soup when I had my wisdom teeth pulled and hadn't eaten for two days. Ymmm.
Life takes us all on different paths and know one knows where they will end up. Recently, he got remarried and I wish he and his new bride happiness. I know that he is always there for my emergency cooking phone calls, for gardening advice for Blake, to talk about football with Zack, hunting withSeth, and to shoot the business bull with Jeff. His role in our lives is different now than it has been in the past, but he is still important to my family. We love you Pa Pa Lynn.



No comments:
Post a Comment