This post will be short and sweet, but makes me laugh.
When I was in college my first year, my dad did not let me bring a car to school. Reason #1 - because I lived in the dorms on campus and I could walk to and from class. Reason #2 - I shared a car with my brother and if I took it to school, they would have to buy another car for D. Reason #3 - I had a bike. (This brings up another whole story about me riding my bike to the Piggly Wiggly in the Oil Center with a backpack to get groceries! Builds character - right dad?)
Anyway, I was in college 2 hours away. "Away from what?" you may ask. "Away from my boyfriend who was still in high school." I would answer. This left me the fun fun task of finding a ride home each weekend in the fall to watch him play football and each weekend in the spring to watch him run track. I made contact with everyone I knew that was from Houma and living in Lafayette and would start making my phone calls on Wednesday afternoons. I remember scheduling all my classes early in the morning so I would be done by noon on Fridays and could get home quick! (That would explain that 7:30 am aerobics class) #236 was one of my go-to rides.
He said things like, "Dude!" and "Cool!" Oh and I can't forget that he called everyone, including me, "Bra." His eyes were usually squinty and he always had a semi-smile on his face. His car didn't have AC which was ok with me because with the windows down, we didn't have to talk. He'd pick me up at my dorm and after a "Hey bra" greeting, we would head home. Same goes in reverse on Sunday.
That's about all I have to say about #236. I don't really know how safe it was to ride home with him (mom and dad - might have been better to spring for another car), but I really appreciate all the lifts! To show my thanks, I think I will buy him this shirt!


No comments:
Post a Comment