Tuesday, May 18, 2010

# 232 - DK



This post is for another one of my brother in laws.  I love him!  I have known him since he was about five years old.  He was the cutest little bluejay to ever hit MICS.  He was my little buddy years before I started dating Jeff.  I have the cutest picture of he and I at MICS field day when he was in kindergarten and I hope I can find it, but with a sick son, a baseball game, several tests, and a job, I may not be able to locate it ...but I will try and it will go here.

Found it!


Me and Dig at Field Day 1983!

Just for fun...can you name these other Bluejays?




This cute kindergartner became a teenager while I wasn't looking.   I guess I was looking at his brother and then I was away at college.  I heard bits and pieces of his teen years and I started to worry.  You see in the picture above, he was in front of all the girls...and so it went.  His teen years brought some arguments, some rebellion, and one call to Jeff and I that had us meeting him in the ER after he flipped Jonie's car and landed in the ditch.  Through it all, he kept his wonderful smile and sweetness.  One thing that has never changed however is the unique way that he tells his stories.  Let's just say that he leaves everyone hanging on the edge of their seats until the very end.



But...I am ecstatic to announce that all of those days (including the public naked period) are behind him.  He is now the loving husband and proud father of a wonderful family.  His little girl is the apple of his eye and looks so much like him, it makes me smile every time I see her.  She has her daddy wrapped around her little finger and I can't wait to sit back and watch how he handles her teen years.  His little boy is beautiful and I can't wait to watch him grow.  DK has picked a wonderful sister in law for me and I am so happy for their happiness.  He is a wonderful godfather to my middle one and hasn't taught him too many bad tricks...yet.  (Be kind Dig...your turn is next).  I also saw him grow into his adulthood taking care of his grandmother and grandfather when they were sick...even when it wasn't easy.







He has turned his talent for "digging" (hence the nickname) and building and figuring things out into a career which he is very good at.  He built my building and Jeff's building and did a wonderful job.  He was very professional and took care of what needed to be taken care of (except for that gym ceiling  :) ...but all good now, thanks Dig!)

So here are the photos of my BIL that I love.  I know that he is always just a phone call away if I need something and I appreciate that.  Because I have known him so long, I think of him as much as a brother as a brother in law, and also a friend.  Love ya, Digga Digga Doo!



1 comment:

Sarah C. said...

Great post! Dig was totally the cutest bluejay ever!