Thursday, May 6, 2010

#220 - I'm too nice to name names

OK, I'm sure that some of you may know who this is, but because I don't want to hurt feelings...

Does anyone know the definition of gossip?
Gossip, n.: Hearing something you like about someone you don't

#220 falls into this category. 

Talks a lot and I mean A LOT!!!!!!!  As in never shuts up.
Name drops...even about people she doesn't know. 

Some people are not good enough for her or her kids and she is not shy about letting everyone know it. 

Did I say talks A LOT!!!!!!! 

Always nice to me, so I guess I make the cut, but sometimes when she is talking, talking, talking and my mind is wandering. I wonder if she ever actually listens to what comes out of her mouth.  I wonder if I transcribed the conversation and had her read it back (like a deposition), she would start to think before she talks.

I could go on, but I won't.  I just want to leave everyone with a couple of random thoughts that apply to this post.

1.  Words are very powerful.  Use them to build up and not to break down.
2.  Mysterious people are more interesting that those who tell you all their business.  Leave some of yourself a mystery...please.
3.  And lastly...Blake and my favorite one...There is a reason that God gave us two ears and one mouth.  Think about it!

A gossip is someone who talks to you about others, a bore is someone who talks to you about himself, and a brilliant conversationalist is one who talks to you about yourself.

Hmmmm.  Deep thoughts!

No comments: