Sunday, May 23, 2010

#237 - Uncle Barry

This post is for one of my dad's brothers.  He is the middle child of 3 boys, and he is the dad of 3 of my boy cousins,  He was rough and tough growing up which means that he has some aches and pains as an adult, that occasionally need therapy.  He is a man of few words and usually has a smile on his face.  Someone once told me how nice it was that he went to have coffee with my dad every morning because they saw him pulling into the dealership.  I'm sure that would be nice, but truth be told, the reason he pulls in there is because he works there :)

His birthday is on Christmas Eve which I always thought was cool, but he probably didn't. (one gift and all)  I just knew that every Christmas Eve we got together at my grandparent's house, and I just figured it was for him.

Like I mentioned earlier, he is more of a listener than a talker, but he and I always manage to have good conversations.  He is a good son and often acts as the chauffeur when my grandparents needed rides to and from appointments.  I hope that my boys are taking notes!  He loves to golf, he loves football, and I recently learned (via my dad) that when he was younger, he was the fastest runner around.  All I know is that he is a phone call away if I need him and its good to have good family close :)

No comments: