Tuesday, December 1, 2009

#63 - MA

Have you ever met someone who always smiles?  Now, I am a pretty happy person, but there are times when nothing but a frown will do.  #62 is a girl who worked for me for several years.  She always had a smile on her face.  This was great because she was our receptionist.  As any good business person knows, the receptionist is the first face a customer sees when they walk in the door, and the first voice the customer hears when they call on the phone.  #62's smile lit up our lobby and I swear, you could hear her smile over the phone.

Now I know for a fact, that she was not always that happy.  But...the customers never knew.  I remember one patient in particular that use to call her Mickey Mouse.  She hated that.  He was a very difficult patient and always gave her a hard time.  He thought he was funny.  She did not.  Still she always greeted him with a smile, and kept it plastered on her face until he left.  He never knew.  What a skill to have.  To put her personal feelings aside for the good of the job. 

She left our office a few years ago to take another job.  I miss her and hope she knows how valuable an employee she was to our office.

I stole this poem from the internet, but it made me smile and I hope it makes you smile too!

Smile


Smiling is infectious,
you catch it like the flu,
When someone smiled at me today,
I started smiling too.
I passed around the corner
and someone saw my grin
When he smiled I realized
I'd passed it on to him.
I thought about that smile
then I realized its worth,
A single smile, just like mine
could travel round the earth.
So, if you feel a smile begin,
don't leave it undetected
Let's start an epidemic quick,
and get the world infected!

No comments: