#69 has had the dubious task of teaching many of the children in our community how to play the game of tennis. He has taught all 3 of my boys and is continuing to teach them. Over the years I have observed him bring out the best in many different types of children. The shy ones, the aggressive ones, the athletic ones, the social ones, the ones who need to learn sportsmanship, and the ones who need to learn how to keep score. I have seen him patiently feed balls over and over to students and adults to help them perfect their game. I have seen him keep his cool under pressure when court times for tournaments keep getting backed up because of rain. I have seen him settle court disputes. I have seen him deal with mom's trying to juggle their schedules. I can say that I have never seen him yell, scream, or berate a child or an adult on the court.
Not an easy job, but he does a good job. I have told him that I appreciate that he is teaching my kids a game that they will be able to play for a lifetime. I love tennis and I am glad that he has helped to teach my kids to love tennis too. Thanks #69 (and thanks for staying home with the kids while I am in Vegas with your wife!)
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment