Friday, December 11, 2009

#75 - RH

This is a back to back post for the uncle of my aunt in #74.  I think he was around twelve when I was born.  I was the first granddaughter and was spoiled rotten.  He was the baby boy before I came along.  Still, he loved me and I always loved him.  He tells the story of babysitting me and me playing the song, "The Little Red School House" over...and over...and over...and over until he finally asked my grandmother to please make me stop.  I remember him going to Nicholls and going into the back room at my grandmother's house to study. (or so he had me fooled into thinking).  When I would sneak back there to visit with him, these are some of the things that I remember:

1.  He knew and taught me all of the words to Rapper's Delight by the Sugar Hill Gang.  He had the album and I can still sing from both sides of the record (long version and short version).

2.  He taught me how to spell H-E-LL on the calculator (whisper...and boobs)

3.  One time, he brought me next door, to visit a neighbor who had an 18 wheeler.  I thought I was so cool because they let me sit in the drivers seat and blow the horn.

4.  I remember busting him coming in late from his dates when I was sleeping on the sofabed in the living room...and then trying to wake him up early the next morning.

Even though I love him, I just could not resist some pictures from back in the day.  Sorry Uncle Ronnie, but if you have hair like this, you have to live to regret it. 






But have no fear... the 70's ended and he turned into a clean cut wonderful family man



Love You Uncle Ronnie!

No comments: