Thursday, December 10, 2009

#72 - FH

My dad only has 2 brothers.  That means that I only have 2 aunts on his side.  #72 is one of my aunts.  She is the mother of my godchild and I was so honored when she asked me.  She is not too far away from me in age and we have always gotten along great.  I can remember when my uncle started dating her.  He was in high school (maybe college?) and I can remember her coming around when I was at my grandma's on one of those many Friday night sleepovers.  I always thought that she was so cool.  I remember that she was very skinny and very tall and very quiet.  She has raised 2 of my cousins that I love to death and did a great job.  

Some posts are easier to write than others, and I am finding it hard to express how much I appreciate #72's love and support over the years.  Although she and I have never discussed it, I know that I can call her at any time and she would help me with whatever I need.  I hope she knows that the same applies in reverse.  Searching for inspiration, I found this old Spanish quote on the internet:


“Only an Aunt can give hugs like a mother, can keep secrets like a sister, and share love like a friend.”
~ Spanish Proverb
I know she's got my back if and when I need her. 
Love ya, #72!


No comments: