This is another work related post. #66 is a guy who taught a course that I went to for continuing education credits. He was a health conscious, exercise conscious, nutrition conscious...freak! He was not into lecturing, he was into doing. He did not talk about good food and then eat Wendy's for lunch. I swear he was doing squats while giving his talk. He was all the time, all about, fitness. Anyway, he was an inspiration to me (and to one of my co-worker via me...). I would like to share a couple of things that made him stand out. First of all he has his own blog (a kindred spirit). It is worth it to check it out here. One thing that I remember is that he was really into the importance of starting our kids out on a good nutrition and fitness routine. He has a daughter who was about five or so and he wanted to make sure she started out on the right foot (literally). So he started a once a week exercise class for 5 and 6 year old girls at the gym and called it "Bootcamp Princess" They worked out with pink camo T-shirts. Is that cute or what?
Another memorable story is that he trained with a very inspirational young man who had significant physical problems, but wanted to be a high school wrestler. He posted this link on his blog. For those of you who have not seen this story, it is worth watching and showing it to your kids. My kids were in awe as they should be. So often we take our health for granted. I wonder which of us would be up for a challenge like this young man and which of us would fold under pressure.
And finally, #66 introduced me to the JC Leg Crank workout. Some of you reading are familiar with this (Sarah A, Sarah Sue, Dana, I 'm talking to you). These exercises are simple and hard. When I was doing them regularly, I could hardly walk the day after, but my muscle definition was awesome! In a nutshell, this is the drill.
24 fast squats (as close to 90 degrees of knee flexion as you can get)
12 lunges on alteranating legs (that's 12 on each leg)
12 lunge jumps (basically start in half kneel position then jump switching legs)
12 squat jumps (jumping from and landing back in a squat position)
Sounds easy right? Wrong! You start out with 2 circuits and then progress to 6 circuits, varying the rest time in between exercises. If any of you want a copy of the program, let me know. If any of you try it...I will expect a post comment!
Anyway, thanks to #66 for keeping me on my toes. Whenever I need inspiration, I look at his blog for great articles and information.
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment