Sunday, December 13, 2009

#77 - JP

This post is for a co-worker.  When I told her that her name was coming up, she asked me to be kind.  How could I not.  I owe her.  There are several reasons that I owe her.  First of all, when I hired her, I called her Tiffany for about 2 months.  As you can tell from her initials above, that is not her name.  Second of all, she is the one who can clear my schedule when I need some time off.  This is a daunting task at times, but she seems to always make it work out.  And third... she saved me from a receptionist that I will just call Terrible.  When #77 was hired, she took over the reigns from someone who had only been with me about 6 weeks, but had managed to screw up about 6 months worth of work (maybe even 12).  #77 took a good look, got out a yellow note pad, and got to work.  About a month later, I was asking her to find something and I said to her, "Look in one of your piles."  She looked at me and said, "I don't have any piles."  I love it...no clutter at her desk, no work left unfinished, no piles.  She is very no nonsense and to the point, but this attitude serves her well when dealing with insurance verification companies.  Passing by her desk a few weeks ago, I heard her say to the agent on the phone, "No, I will not fax the progress notes again, but I will hold on while you go look for the 3 sets that I have already faxed you."  Impressive.  Does not get excited, but gets results.  She is able to deal with very difficult patients with tact and for the most part can get them to do what she wants, while letting them think that it was all their idea.  As I type, she is busy getting geared up for the implementation of our accounting upgrade which will go online 1/1/10.  I am thankful to her for all the she does, everyday, to make my life easier and my business successful.  I would like to take this opportunity to say..."Thank you, Tiffany"

No comments: