Tuesday, December 29, 2009

#93 - BMT


Hey you, you're a child in my head
You haven't walked yet
Your first words have yet to be said
But I swear you'll be blessed
I know you're still just a dream
your eyes might be green
Or the bluest that I've ever seen
Anyway you'll be blessed
And you, you'll be blessed
You'll have the best
I promise you that
I'll pick a star from the sky
Pull your name from a hat
I promise you that, promise you that, promise you that
You'll be blessed
I need you before I'm too old
To have and to hold
To walk with you and watch you grow
And know that you're blessed

I don't know how many of you know this song, but I love it and it will always remind me of my first born. (Click here to hear it)  It seems as though when I was pregnant, it was on the radio every time I turned it on.  I sang it a lot, and I thought about the baby growing inside me each time.  Your eyes may be green (like mine) or the bluest the I've ever seen (like Jeff's)...guess which one we got.


Today is my baby's 14th birthday.  My baby now towers over me by at least 6".  His feet and hands are bigger than mine.  More and more often I see less boy and more teenager, but he is still my Blake.  He is very sweet and kind and I can always count on him.  There are so many wonderful things about Blake that I could go on and on, but I will just try to highlight the things that make him special to me:




Blake is very articulate... (translation - He talks a lot)   I never thought that I would tell one of my children to shut up...but I have to admit, I've said it to Blake.  The good part of the constant chatter is that he is very smart and very inquisitive.  He knows a lot about a lot and loves to discuss everything under the sun.  He can strike up a conversation with anyone:  adults, kids, girls, elderly, people in the grocery store (hmmm who does this sound like?)  We tease him constantly about all the talking, but it makes Blake who he is.  One phrase that he has heard more than once is..."Blake, there is a reason that God gave you 2 ears and 1 mouth."




Blake can do anything that he sets his mind to.  I hope this doesn't embarass him (but I've found very little that does), but this past summer, he decided that he wanted to slim down and get healthy...so he did.  He started to count his calories and began a stricter exercise program and next thing you know...Slim and Trim.  I am so proud of him.  It is so hard to lose weight.  He learned about calories and fat gram and moderation and applied the formula of eat less and move more and made it work for him.  I am so proud of him and all of his hard work.

Blake loved Thomas the Train for a really long time.


All of this new food knowledge cultivated two new hobbies that Blake has embraced...gardening and cooking.  This past year, he planted his own garden.  He grew all kinds of veggies and spices.  He then proceeded to dehydrate them and can the spices.  We now have homemade basil, oregano, rosemary, and other spices to cook with.  We also ate plenty of his cucumbers and peppers.  He is following in my footsteps and is becoming a great chef...  (just kidding, wanted to see if ya'll were still with me).  All the men in our family cook and Blake is no exception.  His specialies are scrambled eggs, homemade mac and cheese, chicken noodle soup, and salsa.  Ymmmm!  He loves to try out new receipes and if he would just learn how to clean up as he goes...

Uncle D gave Blake this Tigger costume for Halloween. 
He is a great student.  He breezed through elementary school with very little problems, and is doing great in his first year of high school.  He is planning on playing tennis this year for the terriers.  For my Christmas present this year, he gave me and CD of original recording of Christmas songs that he made for me on his guitar.  It is awesome and I am so impressed.


This is when Blake was a page for Houmas and Jeff was a Duke.

I could go on and on and on, but because I just love pictures, especially of my boys, I'll stop here and show you a few more of my favorite pics of B-man.

This was our first snow skiing trip to Breckinridge.  I did not know how Blake would do since he was afraid of heights, but after 1/2 a day of ski school he skiied like a champ!

Blake took Tae Kwon Do for about 2 years and got his Black Belt.


He swims like a fish and loves to tube.


His first play was an Oompa Loompa and Grandpa in Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.









Man, I love this kid!  Happy Birthday Blake!

1 comment:

Sarah C. said...

Happy Birthday Blake!! Those little guy pictures especially in the train outfit... awwhhh!! Man, I loved that little guy. I can't believe he is 14! Love ya, B!