Saturday, December 19, 2009

#83 - MB

Ever want to strangle someone else's kid?  I know you have.  I have.  This is the story of MB, who was the older brother of one of my pediatric home health patients.  Now, don't get me wrong, I understand why he was so rotten.  He was the older brother who was forgotten once he had a younger sister with a terminal illness.  He did it all for attention.  But...I would have been glad to talk with him, or even go outside and play instead of the way he got my attention.

One day I was treating his sister.  We were on the floor and we were practicing crawling.  Try to get this picture in your brain.  Basically, I was kneeling up tall and she was in front of me on all 4's.  I had my hands on her hips and was helping to support her in a crawl position.  Her muscles in her trunk were too weak for her to hold herself, so really, I was doing a lot of the work.  Well, MB had been hanging around, talking loud, getting in our way, knocking her over etc.  You get the picture.  Then, I guess he decided that he wasn't aggrevating us enough, so he goes into the kitchen and fixes himself a bowl of cereal (with milk) and proceeds to sit down next to us on the floor and starts to eat.  Then he scoots closer...looks back at the kitchen to see where his mom is...then closer...looks...and then, he leans over and dumps his bowl of cereal (with milk!) down the back of my pants in the gap at my waist!  AHHHH!!!!!! 

Didn't see that one coming did you!  Me either!  I just knew that mom was going to come in and beat the you know what out of him...but... no.  She laughed.  Seriously.  At that point I wasn't sure if I wanted to strangle her or the kid more.  Anyway, I just smiled and said..."Session over!"  But you know what they say, everything that goes around...comes around.  The last I heard, said boy had gotten kicked out of his 3rd elementary school.  It was the school's fault, of course.

No comments: