I have an aunt that is just a few years older than I am. My grandmother had her when she was in her 40's which was not as common then as it is now. Anyway, when I was growing up, she was not quiet old enough to babysit me, and we really were never close enough in age to "hang out" together. Fast-forward 20 years or so... and now we have children that are around the same age and go to the same school. Her son and my two older boys are really good friends. Every so often they have the conversation about 1st cousins and 2nd cousins, but in the the long run, it doesn't really matter.
#124 gets a major shout out because she has taken a huge responsibility from my list. I don't know how I always get involved (I really do know, but that is a whole separate post for a whole separate day), but somehow...I got volunteered to be in charge of a bulletin board outside the church. Each month, I am supposed to be in charge of getting a different class from the school to submit artwork to decorate the board, and I am supposed to be in charge of getting the school secretary to submit the school calander and "goings on" to post on the board. How I got this duty, I don't remember but one day #124 asked me how she could help and guess what? I shucked this job off on her. She is a school teacher so she is much more skilled at bulletin boards than me. She also wants to volunteer at school, but because of her work schedule is not always available. She willingly took this project on for the last two years and has saved me a monthly chore. I really, really, really appreciate her help and I do not look forward to next year when her child moves on to a new school and this job falls back to me once again.
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment