11 years ago
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
#107 - LG
When I think about the people that I was closest to in high school, the friends that I made playing sports were by far the best. I have not seen many of them for years, but will bump into them occasionally and it is like we have never spent a day apart. #107 is one such friend. I vaguely knew her before highschool because she was the cousin of one of my good friends. Once we started 8th grade, we were on the same volleyball and softball team and therefore were together a good bit of the time. I remember going to her house or vice versa before or after practices/games to get a bite to eat or to "rest." I remember spitting sunflower seeds. I remember singing the same stupid cheers in the dugout that drive me crazy at my kids ballgames today. But...most of all I remember the good feeling of having a great friend to enjoy spending time with. No drama, no catfights, no competition between us...just fun. I hope that my kids will get to experience this too. Now, I see #107 usually on one ball field or another. She has a son and a daughter who are the same age as two of my kids. We are no longer close, that is to say, I don't have her cell phone number and I doubt she has mine, but we will always be friends, and if I ever need her, I know that I can find her and she will be there for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment