Thursday, January 28, 2010

#122- M and L

This may be the most random post so far...but here it goes.  My dad and his friends have always picked up strays and I'm not talking about cats and dogs.  I remember several individuals, or in this case, couples who we would meet...and next thing you knew, they were invited to our house for dinner and along on our summer vacations.  This is the case for #122.  I tried a Google search on them, but they didn't even make google.  I really did not think they would.  I can remember only a few things about them, so here it goes.

1.  Their names were Morris (the male) and Lynn (the female)
2.  The looked something like this

3.  They were a folk-singing hippy group?
4.  They sure smoked some funny looking cigarettes (just kidding).
5.  Their big numbers were "If I Had a Hammer" and "Leaving on a Jet Plane"by Peter Paul and Mary.
6.  I first remember seeing them perform at Ellendale in what is now known as the 19th hole.
7.  They came on vacation with us to Grand Isle one year and put on a show every night.

Wow!  Thanks mom and dad for exposing me to all sorts of things growing up...

All my bags are packed... I'm ready to go
I'm standing here outside your door.
I hate to wake you up...to say goodbye.

The dawn is waking, it's early morn
The captain's waiting, he's blowing his horn.
Already I"m so lonesome, I could cry.
So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go (oh oh...oh oh)

Cause I'm leaving, on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again.
OK - all the above...by heart (I promise)  When I typed the last line, I had to lol, because I remember everyone (and all you Grand Isle crew know who I'm talking about) being sad, when Morris and Lynn sang this song last...and then left.  LOL- OK really?  Did they really leave on a jet plane from Grand Isle???  Anyway, I never remember seeing them or hearing from them again.

So that's my post---I would love comments from those of you who remember them.  Anyone?  Anyone?

1 comment:

Sarah C. said...

LOL. I have no recollection of these people. Was I even born? That is hilarious.