#152 cracks me up. He has always been very nice and friendly, but now, as an adult...whenever I see him, I truly appreciate his sense of humor. He made a career as a pediatrician and is now retired. He was not my pediatrician, (is the brother of my doctor, see here), but he was the pediatrician for a huge part of our city. He is also the father of #98, and when we were little, I had the honor of being invited along for several trips down the Grand Isle to pass a good time with #98 and her entire family.
The last time I saw #152 was at a funeral. Now you know most funerals are sad, but some are more sad than others. This particular funeral was for a lady who had lived a very long life, and had passed away after a long illness. It was the kind of funeral where you say that it is a blessing that the deceased is no longer suffering. Anyway, #152 and his wife were standing behind me in line, waiting to give condolences to the children of the deceased. When I was about 3 people from the front of the line, #152 leans forward and whispers in my ear, "I hate those flowers on the top of the coffin! They give me the frissonner!" (I had to look up the spelling...for you Cajuns, that would be freezons). He goes on to say, "They remind me of my mother-in-law's tongue." I was smiling at the first part, and now I am laughing out loud. I turn around and he is sticking his tongue out of his mouth and wagging it from side to side and in and out. Now I am cracking up, and of course, I am now second from the front. Every time I try to turn around to compose myself, #152 sticks his wagging tongue out at me again and I cannot stop laughing. Try explaining this to the mourners.
So in honor of #152 and his wagging tongue...here's to you!
12 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment