Thursday, February 11, 2010

#136 - SW

When I was a child, my parents were friends with a couple that unfortunately got a divorce.  The husband remained living in Houma and the wife eventually remarried and moved out of town.  Because the husband was my dad's friend first, we stayed in touch with him and got to see their children whenever they came into town to visit their dad.  #136 however, is the wife of the couple.  It doesn't matter how long it has been since she has seen me, whenever I run into her, she always goes out of her way to compliment me and find out all that I have been up to.  I got to spend more time with her a few years ago when her daughter got married and my family gave a party for the wedding couple at my house and then I went to the out of town wedding.  Several things strike me about #136.  She is a beautiful woman.  She doesn't seem to age at all and her daughter is beautiful and looks just like her.  #136's mother is still alive and she possesses these same genes and looks no where near her age.  They both had on higher heeled shoes than I have ever worn in my life and danced until the band quit playing.  At the party that was given at my house, #136 presented me with a present.  I did not know until that night, but she is a dietician and has written a book and made a CD for children about healthy eating habits.  She gave me a personally inscribed book and CD to share with my family.  Even though I do not see her often, I am glad that I do know her.  She is living testimony that healthy eating keeps you young and you are as young as you feel.  Any other aides that she may have had to keep her looking so youthful...she's not telling and I'm not asking.  :)

No comments: