Tuesday, February 23, 2010

#148 - SSS

I saw a quote once on a magnet that said, "Sisters just get it."  It was right next to the one that said, "Smart is the new skinny!"  I knew someone who would "get" and love both of them, so I bought them and they are on her fridge.  This person is #143 - aka Sarah Sue Sue.

She is 8 years younger than me which means a couple of things:

1.  I do not remember a lot about her growing up.  I remember being left at the Collins' over night so my mom could go to the hospital to have her.  May be the only time I ever went over there?  What was that about Mom?
2.  I remember that my mom converted our already full 3 bedroom house into a 4 bedroom house by changing her sewing room into a precious bedroom for Sarah.  It was really cute with yellow giraffes on the walls and white wainscoating and cabinets. (thanks Mr. George).  It is notable that Sarah's old room is now my mom's closet.
3.  When she was in elementary school, I was mostly in high school, and when I was in college, she was mostly in high school, so I really do not have a lot to say about that.  Incidently, Blake and Seth are the same age apart, so I can definitely see where their interests vary.
4.  But...(and I hope the same holds true for Seth and Blake), the best part about being 8 years apart, is that now as adults, we are great friends and never had to go through that sibling competition thing. :) 

She was only 15 when Jeff and I got married, and she was only 8 when we started dating, so Jeff has also seen her grow up.  And when I say "SEEN HER" I mean way too many times.  Both Jeff and I babysat for her and she in turn has been (in no particular order) our babysitter, secretary / administrative assistant, computer teacher, fashion consultant, carpool helper, marketing director, web master, blog talker into person, and co-traveler.  She has travelled to New York and Los Angeles with us, and in turn has taken Blake and Zack for fun weeks in Miami with her and her family.  She also just took a really fun trip to Vegas with me!  She is a wonderful, dedicated, patient, kind, and caring wife and mother.   I usually am not a slogan kinda person, but I did get her a necklace for her birthday that says, "Motherhood is not for sissys"  She spends her days dedicated to her little boy and if you need proof, just click here.  She also is a great cook and has this interesting blog about recipes. (pressure is on to update SSS)   She is a great friend and I love her.  First some pics and then some love.

In no particular order:
I think this one was at one of my wedding parties, but I'm not really sure.
So cute Sarah, I loved your hair short.

I found this picture repeated several times, so this must be her favorite pose! Ta-dah!


Ok, you know that I had to include some from back in the day!
I know I loved these green silk pants that totally matched my red Christmas sweater as much as Sarah and my mom loved their collars!

                      School pictures! What fun!Sarah, Did you steal my painted Christmas belt?


My PT School graduation. Your bow is almost as big as my graduation cap and hair and Darren's glasses!


Only someone with such a great smile can go from here
to here on the same vacation!

Here is Sarah and her hubby!  What a party pic!


Here is me and Sarah. Sigh...why don't ya'll tell me when I need a haircut?!?
Sarah and her godson, Z-pack!
Family photo for Mom's Christmas present!Sarah's stint as a LSU bat girl!


Wedding photo - Double sigh.  The caption of this picture should just be "too much."  Too much hair, curls, and blush!

On to the sorrys and the love:
*  Sorry for hitting you in the head with a hammer when we were little.  For the record, you really thought it was funny until I accidently let it go.
*  Thanks for all the times you "whipped up" computer projects for me.  Birthday invites, thank-you notes, websites, school letters etc. 
*  Sorry for all the times I took credit for the above computer projects :)
*  Thanks for all the times that you helped out with the boys including babysitting, carpooling, and just being a great, interested aunt.
*  Sorry that I don't have more time to visit you guys and when I do it is always so rushed.  I wished we lived closer so I could help you out more.
*  Thanks for trying, to keep me cool by telling me that vests are out, Uggs are cool, and that anything that is still in my closet that I can identify in high school pictures has to go... period!
*  Thanks also for teaching me how to do a blog, use itunes, create and edit a website, use Excel, use a camera, what an external hard drive is, and how to back stuff up!
*  Thanks for explaining 600x (or was it 6000x) that Itunes is just a program and it is not where my music is saved. :)

I could go on, but since only you and mom and dad are still reading, I'll stop because I know you know all this anyway!  Love ya!

Sorry, found some more that I just had to add:
 These are from Mom, at least she didn't send Ms. Piggy!


We are so much cuter as adults!


Sorry about the vest!  I promise it is gone now!


3 comments:

Sarah C. said...

Thanks for the post!! It made me smile. Love you too!! That last picture was only about three years ago. Sigh!! Work in progress.

Sarah C. said...

Addendum: on the pictures, mom sent... the one on the top that is black and white. Ummm... that's Cat.

Blair said...

Love this post! Sisters are the best!

And Mo, you are right, we have all gotten much cuter with age. How does that work?

Oh, and that collar on your mom! Wow. Now that is some stellar 80's fashion right there!