Thursday, February 4, 2010

#129 - CE

Wow, your prespective sure does change as you get older...don't cha think?

#129 was the older brother of one of my friends from high school.  When I was in high school, I have to admit, I was really a little frightened of him.  He was a couple of years older than us, really didn't not get along well with his sister. and thought all of her friends were nerds.  I was in that category.  But...we hung around him and drove him crazy because he had such cute friends, of course.

I remember one time I was sleeping over at their house and he stormed into the room, with the vacuum cleaner, shouting...  CAN YOU JUST FINISH VACUUMING and CLEAN UP THIS MESS ?!?!?!?!?!  It just made his sister laugh, but it made me want to call my mom to come and get me.  What the heck?
At the time I had no idea what that was about, but it just made me more frightened of him.  Now that I have a 14 year old son, I know exactly what his problem was...(whisper) hormones.

That being said, I will take heart that my teenage son (my first of 3 to hit the teens) will one day return to being the nice, sweet boy that I know him to be.  #129 is no longer scary to me, but is one of the good guys.  He did not turn out to be a psycho, but has a real job that he does well.   He and his wife are good friends of Jeff and I today.  He is as nice as can be and not scary at all.  He has 3 boys almost the same age as my boys, and we have teamed up many times for carpools, sleepovers, and sporting events.  He has even coached my boys in a couple of sports and they love him too.  Not scary at all!

No comments: