Wednesday, February 24, 2010

#149 - WT

49 is Jeff's aunt, but I love her too. She is one of the nicest people I know, but you better have some time on your hands because, laud ti claude, she can talk. Everyone teases her about talking so much, but that does not stop her. She just takes a breath and off she goes again. Now that I think about it, kinda like a son I know. Hmmmmm. Anyway, she lives in Lake Arthur which is home to a good number of cousins, aunts, and uncles. They will all give you the shirt off their back, and #149 is leading the pack. Her house is covered wall to wall with pictures of all of her kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids as well as her numerous nieces and nephews. They all run when she starts talking about her "woozy colon," but you know they love her because every time I have ever been to L.A., they are all gathered at her house. It could be for lunch or it could be just cause, but they are all there...every time. When she was younger, she helped her husband, work their "bar" which was more of a modern day coffee shop with alcohol instead of coffee. One of her favorite pastimes is genealogy. Once she finds out, "Who's ya mama?" and "Who's ya daddy?" She can talk for hours. A funny story is that one time we were spending the night at her house in L.A. and one of us was sleeping on the couch. I won't name any names, but this individual retells the story something like this.


One minute I was fast asleep and the next minute I felt someone watching me. My eyes were not open yet, but I could feel the presence of someone with me. I slowly cracked open one eye, and BAM! There was #149, sitting on the chair, not 3 feet from me, with her hands on her knees and her body leaning towards me. Once she saw me blink...it was on..."Who's ya mama?" She started...and off we went!

#149 makes my blog because of the warm welcome I received from day 1 from her and her family. Marriage - Smarriage - I am family, linked with love! (and I'm sure three cousins once removed on my paw paw's side) Love ya Aunt WT!

No comments: