Toe May Toe
Toe Mah Toe
Po Tay Doe
Po Tah Doe
Trahan
Tr AAAAA hand
How do you pronounce it? I pronounce it the way my husband told me it was pronounced. I would assume that he learned it from his dad who learned it from his dad and so on and so forth...
But then, something strange happened. Jeff has a sister from his dad's second marriage which makes her my sister in law aka #145. She says Tr AAAAAA hand. Same family...same dad...same name. It just doesn't sound the same when she says it. She obviously inherited the twang from her mom's side of the family, but, like I said earlier...To may toe, to mah toe. We love her just the same.
I think Erin was about 5 or 6 when Jeff and I got married. She was very quiet and wore glasses. As the years sped by, it seemed like she went through a different phase every time we saw her. The first quiet little girl phase, the "just learned how to put on makeup" phase, the black eyeliner Goth phase, and now she is at the proud mama of a precious little girl phase. See here.
I don't know if Erin remembers, but one Christmas she came down to visit. I think she was around 12 or 13 and she made Jeff and I a Christmas ornament out of a crushed Coke can. We still have it and it goes on our tree each year. Then when she was around 16 or 17, she was in a terrible car accident and scared us all. She was touch and go for awhile, but came out of it with (thank goodness) no brain or spinal injuries, but a couple of banged up joints that still bother her from time to time.
She now has a beautiful baby girl who looks just like Erin did when she was little. Just not as quiet ;)
We don't get to see them often, but usually make up for lost time when we get together. Last summer, we all met up in Lake Arthur and Erin brought along a friend that brought along this recipe. For those of you who know me, I cannot cook...but I can occasionally bake. I have made this recipe several times and it is fool proof and delicious. My father in law calls it cocaine. Very addicting. Try it and enjoy!
Red Velvet Cake Balls (in my own words)
Make a red velvet cake (i.e. follow the directions on the box)
Let it cool.
Crumble it up in a bowl. (hint - wear gloves because red velvet cake stains)
Mix it up with a can of cream cheese icing.
Roll into balls and place on a cookie sheet.
Put in refrigerator until cold.
Melt white chocolate in double boiler.
Use a toothpick (or your hands depending on who is watching you) and dip red velvet balls into white chocolate.
Let harden.
Serve.
Thanks Erin for turning me on to this yummy, yummy and very easy dessert. You may be the only blog post with a recipe. :)
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment