Wednesday, February 17, 2010

#142 - AG

Blogger note:  I've been putting off this post for a few days now, because I know that I have some rocking pictures that I haven't had time to dig out.  I will post and look for a few, but I reserve the right to add pictures at a later date.

I have known #142 his entire life.  Our parents are friends (see here), his sister is my best friend, he is my husband's best friend, he has been a childhood friend of my brothers, and Jeff and I are friends with his brother. (Remember this?)  It's hard to condense my thoughts because #142 has been present during all phases of my 39 years so I"ll just hit a few points (and they are all not high points)

*  I vaguely remember something about #142, my brother, my grandfather, a closet, and some firecrackers, but it is a little fuzzy, so I'll stop there.
*  I will thank #142 for inviting Jeff to join him to all the fun LSU and Saints games back in the day.  I will give him partial credit for setting us up, if you can set up 11 year olds.
*  I will not thank him for spying on me and his sister while we were naked in her bedroom and I will not thank him for letting Jeff spy on us either.
*  I will thank him for letting me blame him for all the times Jeff got into trouble and it was really Jeff's fault.
*  I will not thank him for encouraging Jeff all those times and being his partner in crime. 
*  Speaking of crime...I will thank him for going with the flow and letting me cut two eye holes in a sheet for his ghost costume for my PT school Halloween party. 

*  I will not thank him for stealing the Keg taps at that same party from the medical school students.  By the way, I think those are in my attic.

*  I remember the nasty dorm room that he and Jeff shared in college.  He can thank me for all the times I let him shower at my apartment so he did not have to compete with the Clorox and the "barber-shop" in his communal bathroom in the dorms.

*  How many of you out there have an annual tradition of making Easter candy with your husband's best friend?  Since he moved to Houston, I cannot find anyone even close to his level of help with this.  Enough said...

*  He has been a part of so many fun times: 
           *skiing trip to Colorado starting with a 24 hour straight drive which almost tragically ended when we tried to catch a few Z's in the car about 10' from a railroad track.

           *an awesome surprise trip to L.A. to catch the Billy Joel/Elton John concert with Jeff and Sarah Sue Sue which included a tofu club sandwich and a limo ride

           *trips to Last Island with lots of card games and not so many fish

           *teaching my boys to hula hoop after the Mardi Gras parades

           *having "my back" after the same Mardi Gras parade at the Burger King drive-through after I took him to get stitches in his head from a "fall"  Let's hear it for self-medicated ansesthesia!

I could go on and on and on...  But seriously, I love him like a brother and a great friend to Jeff, my boys, and me.  I know I can call him anytime and he would always come to my rescue, no matter what.  Thanks #142 for being such a good friend!  OK - I'm going look for pictures...


6th grader - MICS Bluejay


A Terrier posing for my photography class.  I really am better at it now!


"The Ghost" as noted above!


Cooking for The Haven


"Working?"  Isn't that what ya'll call it?  Or is it a "business meeting?"


Ski trip to Tahoe


Ski trip to Breckinridge


Another business meeting.  Such workaholics!

We Love You Albe!
(You can thank me later because you know I have much better pictures than these :)

No comments: