Saturday, February 13, 2010

#138 - TH

I love tennis.  I love to play tennis, I love to watch my boys play tennis, and I love to go and watch professional tennis.  I know many of you reading don't get it.  I mean, kinda boring right?  Thwack!  Thwack!  Thwack!  Thwack-Thwack!  Point.  Repeat.  But those of you who doubt the lure of tennis have never uncovered its secret...hot guys! 

Meet #138 aka Tommy Haas

I mean really...what is there not to like? 
I first started to turn into a stalker fan when I attended a pro tournament in Indian Wells, California.  I happened upon Mr. Haas on the practice courts and he caught my eye.  I recruited some friends to stalk him with me at the next tournament we went to which was in Houston.  Here are some fun pics from that week.

Hi Tommy! 


Signing autographs!


Pictures with some cougars!

He ended up beating Andy Roddick in the final and even though Andy is from the U.S.A. and usually gets my cheers, this time I pulled for my favorite German and look what happened.

Since I am such a fan, I can tell you that Tommy has had his share of injuries.  He had a couple of shoulder surgeries that took him a long time to rehab.  I could have given him some therapy if he would have just asked.  Once he did advertise on his website for a physiotherapist who would be willing to travel and work with him to help keep him in good shape on the tour.  Wow!  Really?  I promise Jeff and kids...I didn't even consider it...for very long.  

Stats on Tommy by me:
1.  Highest ranking was #2 in the world.
2.  Has a very bad temper and yells at himself a lot on the court.  Sometimes in German and sometimes in English which is kind of fun to hear.
3.  Ok, I'll admit it...kinda a head case.
4.  From Germany, but lives in Florida.
5.  Fun to watch because of the awesome down the line backhand, but you are never really sure if he is going  to win or not on any given day. 

So anyway, that is my #138 post because I have probably watched him play more matches than I'll own up too.  Here is one last photo of Tommy with two of his other stalkers, I mean fans.



1 comment:

Sarah C. said...

Love me some Tommy Haas!! Cute pic of me and Danu. Man, I was skinny!!