Friday, February 19, 2010

#144 - AH

I saw this magnet once and cracked up.  It is totally me and it is totally #144.  She and I have gotten to be friends after serving on the school Co-Op together.  She works full-time and I work full-time, and we are two of the go-to girls to get office stuff done.  Stuff to be printed...call us!  Stuff to be copied and bound...call us!  Stuff to be mailed...call us!  I have to laugh, because at meetings, we both try to keep a low profile, and then when all is said and done, we are in charge.  How does that keep happening?????

I will take this post time to salute volunteers everywhere especially #144.  A salute to all of you out there who are not afraid to stick that hand up in the air and put yourself out there.  We do it selflessly for no pay, for very little recognition, and usually with a lot of gripes and complaints from everyone else who don't raise their hands, but want to tell us how it should be done.

Her youngest child is in the final grade at our little needy school, and she is almost out of there.  She is all set to take her raised hand up to the high school, and I know that I will miss her. 

Here's hoping, at her new school, for just a little while, she can stay

No comments: