Monday, November 23, 2009

#55 - P with P

Today's post is 180 degrees from yesterday's post.  Today is a shout out to Party with Pedot.  (pronounced P - dot).  He is a local DJ who worked the 7th grade graduation party that I had at my house in May.  The reason that I am including him is because I thought that he did a wonderful, age-appropriate job of getting the kids at the party to have a blast... and they didn't even realize it.

I am just getting my first dose of being the parent of a teenager.  Wow!  And I have boys!  The stories that I hear from my friends with girls...Wow!  I'm not sure what hormone or synapse attaches or detaches at this age that makes teenagers think that it is a bad thing to have fun in front of parents.  Parents are dumb.  They are embarrasing.  If you are actually smiling in the vicinity of your parents, you are doomed.  The other kids will make fun of you.  What?  I don't get it.  I mean... I remember the day that I realized that I was smarter than my parents (ha ha mom and dad), but I know that my kids are so not there yet...  (Right?)

Anyway, I digress...  #55 is a young man who in 2 hours was able to get boys and girls, laughing, dancing, acting silly, making faces, playing games, winning prizes...all in all acting like kids.  With parents around to watch.  It was great!  By not having any hangups on how he should act, he just had fun and it was contagious.  Not an easy task, but he pulled it off without a hitch.

As all of my boys inch closer to the teen years, I don't know how many more parties they will allow me to host and watch.  (I don't even want to think of the ones they will try to have without me...Side note to Jeff - fix the video cameras in the poolhouse).  I am grateful to Pedot for this one.

As a shout out, check out his myspace page here.

No comments: