Thursday, November 12, 2009

#45 - Doodlebug

On November 12, 2002, our family welcomed a new baby boy!  He arrived at 7:48 AM and weighed in at 9lbs. 9 oz.  He quickly fit right into our family!


Happy Happy Birthday to my Baby Boy!  He is 7 years old today and is getting so grown up I cannot stand it.  Last night I told him to go unplug all the clocks to he wouldn't get any older but he said, "No" with a toothless smile.  Every morning when I wake him up and I look at those long legs that are touching the bottom of the bunk bed (which look even longer since he sleeps in undies-only like his big brothers) I tell him I'm going to put bricks on his head so he'll stop growing and he grins and says, "No."  Even though he keeps getting bigger and bigger, he will always be my baby.  He will still humor his mom when I ask, and let me hold him like a baby for 30 seconds (I have to count out loud) at a time.  I love him so much and I am so proud of him.


We knew that he was going to be tough, when right before his first birthday, he got his first set of stitches.  His big brother Zachary was loving him a little too much and climbed up on the front of Seth's high chair to give him a hug!  The high-chair flipped and Seth (strapped into the seat) and the chair fell forward into the TV cabinet.  His forhead hit the cabinet.  I'm not sure how many stitches since DaDa was babysitting at the time.  Thank you Dr. Scott for the stitches, Grammy and Paw Paw for handling the big brothers, and DaDa for not calling me until it was all over.  The following week was Halloween and he dressed as...you guessed it, Frankenstein!



His hair was really blond as a baby, but as he gets older, it gets darker.  Kinda reminds me of some baby pictures I've seen of Jeff as a kid.  This picture was taken in Destin in 2004 so he was about 2 year old.  I love this shot!


But, my baby did not stay a baby for long.  Here are some of my favorite pictures of him as he kept growing and growing and growing...


Here are a few of his many accomplishments:

His baseball team was Parish Champions this year!


He made the Honor Roll for the first nine weeks of 1st grade!


He goes to Dr. Scott and gets shots by himself with no tears!


He can ride a bike without training wheels!


He can jump ramps with his brothers and even lies on the ground and lets them jump over him!


He uses his manners everyday!


He pulled lots of flags in flag football and even made a couple of touchdowns!


He learned how to skate!

He can cook his own pancakes!
He can peel cucumbers and make a salad!





I could go on and on, but then his birthday would be over.  I want him to know that I love him very, very, very much and he brightens up my day whenever I think of him.  He is the smallest in our family, but he brings us more joy that Jeff and I ever imagined.  I love you Doodlebop!



Can anyone say heartbreaker?

2 comments:

Sarah C. said...

Awhhh...We love you Seffie Do! Happy, happy, happy birthday!!

MHT said...

Seth says, thank you very very very much. I miss you Noah and Sarah and Uncle Dean!