Sunday, November 1, 2009

#34 - DC

I know a lot of smart people.  Some people I know like to tell me how smart they are.  My #34, may actually be the smartest person that I know that never lets on how smart he is.  He is my brother in law.

He will never boast on himself, but I will boast on him.  He sailed through high school and college while still managing to help pull the goal post down when LSU upset Florida in 1997.

He was then accepted to LSU medical school and aced test after test because he studied all hours of the day and night and soaked up information like a sponge.

He did his residency in Texas and non-chalantly said one day, "I was chosen as chief resident, please pass the potatoes..."

He then was pick to do a fellowship at a prestigous hospital in Florida where he got to work on the rich and famous and continued to learn, learn, learn, study, study, study!

He is now done with school.  I don't think he would say that it was easy, but I will say that he made it look easy.  I am proud of him.

OK, now that I have made him seem like Superman, I have to tell you that as smart as he is...you know I have a few stories.  Like the time...

     Jeff and I and he and my sister went to the James Taylor concert in N.O.  We were in a really long line of traffic and inching along like snails, so #34 got out of the car and climbed up the levy wall to see what was holding us up.  When he came back to the car, we had not moved at all.  He jogged ahead a little, and while we watched and laughed, he clmbed into the backseat of the Tahoe five cars in front of us.  Scared the S#!* out of some poor girl.

and the time...

     When he came to visit his new nephew at my house.  (I think it was Seth).  Anyway, the baby was in a bouncey seat on the floor and #34 was sitting near him trying to get him to smile.  He then came over to me in the kitchen, pulled me aside, and said, "Mo, you may want to come and check on the baby.  I think something is wrong."  False alarm - calming vibration mode only...not a seizure! 

and then finally the time...

     He acidentally left his bottle cap on his coffee table (in his defense, he had no children at the time) and almost had a seizure himself when one of my kids walked into the kitchen, eyes wide, face turning blue, bottlecap shining in his mouth.  #34 alerted Jeff, who just said, "Yeah, he chokes a lot... turned him upside down, and out the bottlecap came." 

We love you Uncle 34 and are so glad you are a part of our family!  Who else can hold his own on family vacations (especially with his brother in laws and father in law) on the golf course and in the kitchen, and on the balcony with an ice chest and still manage to set Jeff's broken finger with two popsicle sticks and some Botox!

1 comment:

Sarah C. said...

Very sweet Mo! Glad I made the list. You know me... at first I was a little nervous, but when I read it I was really touched. Always appreciate a comparison to Superman. Love, #34.