11 years ago
Monday, November 2, 2009
#35 - AD
I would love to know where #35 is and how she is. She is a friend that I have lost touch with so significantly, that she does not even make my Christmas Card list. I can't even remember the last time I saw her or spoke with her. I'm thinking maybe 1990??? Anyway, my first semester in college, I lived in the dorm at USL. The nice dorm... If you ever saw the boys dorms you know what I am talking about (right Jeff and Albe?!?) Anyway, my roommate was from Houma, and we had two other VCHS friends who were also living in the same dorm. Other than that, we didn't really know anyone else there. I can't really remember how we met #35, but I think she and her roommate were our next door neighbors. She was from Geismer and we hit it off right away. If I can remember the story correctly, she had a high school sweetheart (just like me), graduated second in her class (just like me) and he lived in another town (just like me). I remember that his name was Chad and I think he went to Vanderbilt. Anyway, we immediately hit it off and had a lot in common. I remember spending a lot of time talking about our boyfriends, writing them letters (no cell phones or email...gasp! I'm old!), and counting the minutes until the weekend when we could see them again. I'm sorry to say that we lost touch when I moved from Lafayette. We did keep in touch for awhile with letters and phone calls, but the time between both got longer and longer until we lost touch. The last time I spoke to her, she was married (not to the high school sweetheart) and had a child. If anyone knows who I am talking about and knows how to reach #35, I would love to catch up. She was a sweet girl, a good friend, and made my first year in Denbo Hall bearable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Have you tried looking for her on Facebook? You would be surprised who is on there. I have found friends from summer camp that I haven't seen since 1989!
Good luck on your search!
Post a Comment