Tuesday, November 3, 2009

#36 - AMA

My #36 is my aunt.  The best word to describe her is the word thoughtful.

One of the definitions of the word thoughtful is having or showing heed for the well-being or happiness of others and a propensity for anticipating their needs or wishes.

This is my aunt.  She lives in New Orleans so we do not see her often, but if I think back over the years, I do not think she has ever missed sending hugs and kisses for birthday and special occasions.  As I have had children, she even remembers and includes them.  She always asks about Jeff and his business and what each of the boys in into.  She remembers Christmas with cards and/or presents.  She remembers birthdays and anniversaries, showers and weddings.  I often get an email, just because, that brightens my day.  She is the mother of two of my boy cousins (I have a lot of those) who have grown into fine young men who have wonderful wives and adorable children.  She has raised them to be polite and well mannered and occasionally, they take after their mother, and I get a surprise email from them as well.

She is originally from Vacherie and I remember when I was small, she took my brother and I to spend the weekend at her house (or maybe her mother's house...hmmm, not sure) and she took us to the circus in New Orleans.  I remember she let us each buy a Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey souvenir.  I remember having a blast.  They did not have cool stuff like that in Houma at that time.  She may not even remember taking us, but I do.  I often wonder when I have my neices and nephews over for the weekend and take them to do fun stuff...What will they remember?  I try to be thoughtful even if sometimes they seem too young to remember.  I can only hope that they think of me and love me when they are almost 40, as I think of and love my #36!

No comments: