#40 is one of my many boy cousins. He is special to me because he is so kind and thoughtful. He is also very quiet and often flys under the radar, but when he does talk, his words either touch my heart or make me laugh. He has been a tremendous help to me in the last few years. With my crazy life and my family's schedule, I often find myself having to be in several places at the same time. #40 has come to my rescue more times than I can count. I can shoot him a text at any time and he bails me out by picking up one son here or dropping off another one there. He is also a fixture at my kids sporting events... baseball, basketball, football. When he comes over to our house, my boys always con him into throwing some type of ball with them. "Come throw the baseball with me, Greg" "Come shoot baskets with me Greg" "Come watch me bat, Greg" "Come throw the football Greg" I know he must get tired of this...but his answer to them is always yes. He remembers birthdays and holidays with a call, a gift, or a card. Definitely above and beyond the call of duty.
I know that he is very shy and probably will be embarrased about all of this gushing about him, but I want him to know that he is special to many people, myself included and he is important to my family. I know I don't tell him enough, so I want to take this opportunity to say "Thanks, Greg" for all that you do for us! Love ya!
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment