Way back in the day when we all had minimal children, #331 organized a supper club. For those of you unfamiliar with the concept, basically a bunch of couples get together once a month and cook at someones house. I am totally for getting together and eating, but cooking...I was not so sure. But, Jeff and I decided to give it a go. Let me just say for the record that my husband is a wonderful cook. I can get food on the table that is edible, but my specialties are not exactly what you would serve to 10 other couples coming over for a dinner party. Pigs in the blanket anyone? #331 is more in the same league as my husband and loved to really do it up big for supper club. When it was her turn, she would print out these recipes and mail them to each of us to let us know which side dish we needed to prepare. One time I remember she called me and told me that she was mailing me the recipe for green beans. Green beans...check! Dump them from the can into the pot and if I really wanted to get fancy, add a piece of bacon, right? Then a few days later, the recipe arrived in the mail. What I had in my mind and what she had in her mind were not exactly the same. Her version looked something like this and had all of these ingredients.
I think in the end, I called upon my mother in law to save the day and hook me up with a green bean dish for all. A girl's gotta have back up.
#331 also introduced me to Camp Winnamocka which my boys have loved every one of the four years that they attended. She took all of my phone calls every day the first year they attended (her boys were pros at the time as returning campers) and reassured me every day that they were fine and they were having fun. She even told me that it was fine that Zachary wore the same shirt every day for a week. :)
Her boys ended up attending a different elementary school than mine, but they all have remained friends. She gets the award for the best birthday party invitations that I have ever seen...most of them hand scrapped and cut and colored. My boys never wanted to miss a party at #331's house.
Now, her creativity and her passion keeps her busy and involved in many different school and community projects. Here is her latest. As a shout out to one of her causes, please click on the link below and vote for this idea. The goal is to build a Children's Museum for our community and voting will allow them to receive a grant which will speed up the building process. Click below and vote today!!!
The last day to vote is August 31st, so click today!


No comments:
Post a Comment