Tuesday, August 3, 2010

#307 - OM

My kids (and Jeff and I) have been very lucky to have had three wonderful ladies to help take care of the boys in our home while Jeff and I were at work.  #307 is the second one.  God certainly looks out for the T-boys, because #307 was needing a job just when our first babysitter needed less of a job due to her health.

#307 is from Russia and for a while, was teaching my boys the Russian alphabet and some basic Russian words.  The problem was that her English was not always clear and they did have some difficulty with the translations.  Despite this, I think that it is great that they have been able to get to know someone from such a different culture than their own.  They loved to hear her stories about how she grew up and the differences in our worlds.  It was really fun during the Olympics because they rooted for Russia right after U.S.A so because that was Ms. O's team.

During the time she worked for us, she made one or two trips back to Russia to visit family and always brought the boys back chocolates and little toys from her trips.  She loves my boys and since this is the number one priority of sitters for Jeff and I...we loved her.  (Except for the time that she thought it would be a good idea to stand on my pedestal kitchen table to get a balloon for Seth.  #307, the table, the chair, and the glass vase full of water came tumbling down.  Thank goodness she was not hurt, but I've always wondered why she thought to stand on the table???)

Last year, she and her husband moved to Texas to live in a smaller community.  I don't think that they totally love their new home, but I'm sure that they will adapt, just like they have done in the past.

I know my boys, especially my youngest, miss her.  She was much less strict than babysitter #1 and therefore they got to get away with more.  They got to go fishing, ride bikes down the street, invite friends over, and oftentimes I would arrive home to find a pool party going on with #307 right in the mix.

Thanks to #307 for being with my kids when I could not.  I truly appreciate all that she did for us in the time that she worked for us.  I feel blessed to have had her as a part of our family for the time that she was here.  I wish her and her husband well in their new home and hope one day we can get together either here or there for a visit.

No comments: