Saturday, August 7, 2010

#311 - Recreation Lady

This is a timely post since I spent a little time (under 10 minutes :) with this lady just yesterday.  She works the desk at the local recreation department.  Most of you know that I have three boys.  I think in the fourteen and a half years that I have been a mom, we have done almost every sport that is offered in our area.  This means lots of trips to the local rec office.  #311 has been manning the desk at every registration. 

When I first started with registration, I thought she was scary.  She does not put up with much and she expects you to have your S#@! together before you get there.  By S#@!, I mean...

They only take cash!
You must have the birth certificate!
Don't ask her to put your child on a certain team with a friend!
(But...over the years I have found that all of this changes if you volunteer to coach or help with coaching!)

Basically, this gal takes care of a lot of pushy parents on a daily basis each of whom think their child is the next local superstar.  Like I said, at first she was scary, but I am a rule follower and once I realized the rules, I was more than happy to play...and guess what?  She is no longer scary...very nice.  Just tired of the baloney.   I get it.

So here is a shout out to all the ladies out there who have to put up with baloney in their jobs.  If you meet someone today who is overworked and I can only assume underpaid...take the time to say thanks.  If you can get a smile out of them, it will totally be worth it!

OK - I was googling to search for a quote to wrap this post up and I found this one that really, really made me laugh.

I feel like football players are overworked and underpaid compared to any other sports.



Terrell Owens


Seriously??????????

No comments: