Monday, August 2, 2010

#306 - Ms. JD

I love art.  I love to be creative.  I don't like it to be on a schedule like when I have to help with my kids projects, but if it is on my own time and I have the time, I love it.

When I was in high school, #306 was my art teacher.  We did awesome projects like watercolors, charcoal drawings, and developing black and white film.  I still remember the art room and its cluttered wonderful creativeness.  A very nice break in my schedule from all the harder classes.  I even won 1st prize in the school art show with a painting of apples that were intertwined and color coordinated.

I don't think that I am creative enough to be a really great artist...way to neat and not ready to break enough rules of symmetry and patterns and matching... but I will say that to this day, I still find it a great way to relax. 

Thanks to #306 for helping me get in touch with my creative side.  Other than school projects, it will probably stay tucked away for awhile, but once my kids leave the nest...watch out!

No comments: