My #8 is an attorney. I hope he doesn't remember me. From time to time I see him around town and he gives me a smile and a "hello" but I REALLY hope he doesn't remember me.
He has the privledge and distinction of being the first attorney to depose me. You know...deposition, aka conversations from H-E- double hockey sticks! I'm sure many of you don't share my fear of depositions, but I Really, Really, Really hate them!
The very first time I had to give one, I went to #8's office. I was shaking on my way there and by the time I got to his waiting room, I probably looked like I was having a seizure. Knees shaking, teeth chattering... Receptionist asks me if I am cold..."Umm, yes, a little," I answer.
I don't even remember who the patient was that I was answering questions about. All I remember is that #8 spoke to me as if I was either
1. a very small child about to cry
or
2. a psychotic person about to jump.
Sigh...I know I had tears in my eyes the whole time. Why??? I have no idea. I wasn't on trial. I think basically they just wanted me to say...on the record...that the guy had actually attended physical therapy 10 times and that he said that his back hurt. The way that I prepared for this deposition you would have thought that I was O.J. about to be cross-examined by Johnnie Cochran.
I memorized all of my treatments that I had done on the patient!
I researched in my old school notes the reasons that I had chosen those particular treatments!
I wore a dress, stockings, and high heels to the deposition!
Sigh! I do remember that he asked me if I minded if he recorded it.
:(
He probably replays it and laughs from time to time.
I really hope he doesn't remember me!
key words: deposition, fear, panic, dramatic (thanks, Mom)

No comments:
Post a Comment