Have you ever heard of Zero Balancing?
ZB is a technique that stems from both osteopathy and theories of Tradional Chinese medicine. It works to release energy stored in the bones. Energy released from the bones has a ripple effect throughout the rest of the body - tissues, organs, and meridians.
This is the definition of zero balancing...but, "What is it?" you may ask. Well, I can tell you my experience with ZB. At first it seems like a massage, but you stay fully clothed and just take off your shoes. You lie face up on the therapists' table and breath deep and relax. The therapist trained in ZB will then start at your head and work their way down and back up, pressing firmly but gently into your bones and joints at the head, neck, along the spine, and at the hips, legs, and feet. They use their hands like a fulcrum and you can feel your body relaxing around their hands.
To quote Dr. Fritz Smith who developed the ZB technique, "Experience has shown that people's lives feel smoother when they're getting regular body-mind therapy; it is an avenue toward discovering your true nature."
I was not really sure what to expect during my first ZB session. My #32 is not only a licensed ZB practicioner, but also my uncle. He offered me a free ZB session to help celebrate National Zero Balancing Week. I did not go in having any specific aches or pains, but I can tell you when he was done (about 30 minutes later), I felt like I stood taller, walked straighter, and I felt looser and more flexible. It decreased my stress and tension. In short, it really felt good and was very, very relaxing!
To quote Dr. Fritz Smith who developed the ZB technique, "Experience has shown that people's lives feel smoother when they're getting regular body-mind therapy; it is an avenue toward discovering your true nature."
I was not really sure what to expect during my first ZB session. My #32 is not only a licensed ZB practicioner, but also my uncle. He offered me a free ZB session to help celebrate National Zero Balancing Week. I did not go in having any specific aches or pains, but I can tell you when he was done (about 30 minutes later), I felt like I stood taller, walked straighter, and I felt looser and more flexible. It decreased my stress and tension. In short, it really felt good and was very, very relaxing!
#32 is one of only two licensed ZB practicioners in the state of Louisiana. (If you would like to find out more about him or about Zero Balancing, click here.) For several years, #32 was living in Maine practicing massage therapy and zero balancing. When he could not stand another season of cold weather, he followed the birds back south for the winter and stayed. After having gone many years without seeing him too often, I have enjoyed spending time with him both as a professional and as a part of my family since he has been back in town. He has helped cultivate my oldest's love of gardening and they have been sharing tips and plant cuttings.
To quote MHT, "ZB = 30 minutes of focusing on yourself and total relaxation...try it, you deserve it!"
Peace, love, and ZB Uncle John!
To quote MHT, "ZB = 30 minutes of focusing on yourself and total relaxation...try it, you deserve it!"
Peace, love, and ZB Uncle John!

No comments:
Post a Comment