Wednesday, October 21, 2009

#23 - Dr. MD

When I was growing up, my whole family went to a dentist that was a family friend.  His wife was his dental hygenist.  I remember him being very nice, very calm, and very gentle.  He and his wife made trips to the dentist painless.  I'm not exactly sure when, but somewhere around the time that I was in high school, #23 was killed in a car accident.  Everytime I am coming home from New Orleans and exit at the first Houma exit that takes you on old 90, I think of him because this is where his wreck occurred.  I have never not stopped, looked both ways, and then looked again, all because of him.  After he died, his wife continued to work as a hygenist for the dentist that took over his practice.  Then, several years ago, she too died of cancer.  Two lives cut short.  I hope everyone who reads this post will call their loved ones today and tell them that they are loved.  We do not know what is in store for us or when our time will come.  We should live each day to the fullest and never let anger linger.  In today's busy world, we need to remember to slow down and appreciate the people around us.

Quote to remember:  “You never know when you're making a memory.” (by Rickie Lee Jones)
 

No comments: