Quick stat check:
In 1960 - 10% of men and 15.5% of women were classified as overweight or obese
In 2004 - 30% of men and 34% of women were classified as overweight or obese
You can find thousands of websites that echo this data. What is harder to find however, are the success stories. #7 on my list is truly a success story. Without getting too much up in her business, let me just say that what started as a challenge to win some money has led her to a new way of life. She has lost over 100# and looks great! She lost weight, but gained a lot more...self-confidence, pride, knowledge that she is a strong person who can do great things! She did it the old-fashioned way...she worked her butt off! No medicine, no excuses! Eat less and move more! The formula for success! Great job #7 - Keep up the good work! You motivate me when I am trying to decide between LaCasa or Subway! Treadmill or TV! Ice-cream or Ice water!
And while we are on the subject of weight...
Just a little FYI for the readers: BMI is a measure of your body mass index or body fat. This is what scientists use to determine if a person is overweight or not. To determine your BMI: multiply your body weight by 703.1 and divide it by your height in inches. Divide by your height in inches a second time to get your BMI. A good BMI should fall between 18.5 - 24.9.
Inspirational thought (stolen from a friend): "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!"
Doesn't this really say it all!


2 comments:
Your mom called and left a message for me to come read your blog today... I didn't know you had one going. LOVE THIS IDEA! How awesome!
I am honored to not only have made your list, but to rank as #7. This has been an extreme journey, but one that is simply forever. This was a lifestyle change for me, not a diet. I know I will never look like I once did. I have been blessed to have many amazing women come into my life and help me along the way. Most simply being emotional support. And I thank every one one of them, yourself included. Because honestly, weight loss is simple... Not easy, but simple. Eat more, move less. The truly hard part is the mental work that comes along with it. No one gets to 293 pounds (my starting weight) because they like pizza. There is a much bigger reason...
What becomes overwhelming to me at times if I stop to think about it is, there are six women in particular who I did not know before this journey began, and I now consider invaluable. (Jillian Michaels, Amber England, Abby Rike, Vicky Vilcan, Jennifer Bourg, and Jaime Watkins) These women have become close friends and confidants, shoulders and sources of strength... and had I not made the decision that day to take my happiness and health into my own hands, our paths in life most probably would never have crossed.
It just so happens Monday is my day I weigh in. Simply for myself, to keep myself accountable and make sure I am on the right track. As of this morning, I now weigh 158 pounds, and have lost 135. My goal is to reach 140, then live comfortably somewhere around the 140-145 range... 18 pounds to go... I will cross that finish line, and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. For the very first time in my life... I am proud of me.
Thank you for this Monique... I am humbled and appreciative.
Always,
Tam
PS. I agree about the success story part... and them being hard to find. I did a success story for Jillian back in early May for her website. I am gonna put the link here. I am one of 21 success stories, and they are ALL inspirational.
http://www.jillianmichaels.com/lose-weight/success-stories/tammy-loses-118-pounds.aspx
I agree with you Mo, Tam is a TRUE inspiration! Amazing all the hard work and dedication she has put into her life. I am so glad it has all paid off!
Way to go Tam on your 135 pound mark! I know you can do the last 18 pounds!
Post a Comment