OK, for my faithful followers of this blog, so far I have managed to be happy and funny and loving about most of my names. You didn't really think my life was that happy did you? #25 is the first name that makes my teeth clench and my brows knit together. Good thing I do not encounter her too often or I would have to take my sister in law up on her constant offer of Botox injections to ease my frown lines. She is the mother of one of my children's classmates. She is not nice. She has been ugly to me and to my son. Her son is not nice either. You may think that she has a reason for not being nice, but this is not so.
The first time I met her was at a skating party for one of the kids in the class. I listened to her go on and on about how much she hated Houma and how little the town had to offer. She said that she moved here because of her husband's work, but hated it. She was use to better. She fussed about her new neighborhood because the neighbors didn't keep their yards up. She fussed about the lack of nice public facilities including the recreational department. She definitely was not on the I Love Houma committee. Anyway, I listened to her complain, held my tongue, and kept my thoughts that she was a total wack-job to myself. (side note -Draw whatever conclusions you want, but I found out later, she is from Morgan City!)
Then the incident occurred!
It all started when her son invited my son to his 6 year old birthday party. It was being held at 3:00 on a Saturday afternoon. It just so happened that our family was invited to spend the weekend in Grand Isle with some friends that same weekend. We gave our son the choice, and since he really wasn't close friends with this kid (and I knew his mom was a wack-job), he chose Grand Isle. Anyway, we missed the party and had a great weekend in G.I. On the following Monday, I told my son to go to #25 (she volunteered at the school daily) and to tell her that he was sorry that he missed the party and that he had a gift at home that we would drop off at their house. And he did. When he got home that night I asked him what she said and he said, "She didn't say anything, she just turned around and walked the other way." "What?" I asked. "She didn't even say ok or thank you?" I couldn't believe it! "No, he said and her son wouldn't talk to me either."
From that day forward, she would not make eye contact with me or talk to me. We are talking 7 more years of school functions. No talking. No eye contact. At first, I was oblivious to the fact that she was ignoring me, but after a few times of waving at her in the drop off car line and having her turn her head the other way...I caught on. Once I realized that she was ignoring me, I made it a point to sit by her and talk to her all the time. It didn't work. She doesn't like me. Our kids are now in high school together. I sat by her at Open House. She still doesn't talk to me. She lives down the street from my sister in law and for Halloween we went trick or treating at her house, and she pretended that she didn't know me. Wow! An enemy! For someone who usually goes above and beyond to be sure no one is mad at her...
So there it is. My story about my enemy! I hope I don't lose any friends over this now that I have shown everyone my true colors. Thanks a lot #25! And Happy Halloween! You Witch!
11 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment