My #5 is a friend from high school. She now lives in the Woodlands, TX with her husband and three kids. The last time I saw her was at the ballpark in Houma. She and her family were home for a visit and she was watching her nephews play baseball. When I think about #5 I think about playing tennis, student council, an 8th grade dance at the YMCA, boy-crushes, homecoming, and driving back and forth to Mary Hughes Drive. In college, we went our separate ways. I headed to USL in Lafayette, and she did the whole sorority thing at LSU. After a few years however, we met back up at LSUMC in New Orleans where she was getting a degree in Nursing and I was getting a degree in Physical Therapy. She got me hooked up with a hair salon in New Orleans that I still visit every 6 weeks. She is one of those friends that never changes and one that I can pick up the phone and call at any time and it would be like I just talked to her yesterday. The miles and our respective families keep us busy, but we do manage an annual Christmas card at the very least.
You know old friends are the best and the ones who will laugh at your old pictures!
(I know this image is kinda dark, but I think the flash from all of our braces altered the lighting!)
key words: student council president, homecoming queen, nurse, tennis, friend
No comments:
Post a Comment