I always amazes me that I meet people who live in Houma who do not know how to swim. We are practically living in the Gulf of Mexico and are surrounded by water on almost all sides. I cannot remember a time that I did not know how to swim. I was on the swim team. I was a lifeguard. I spent lots of summers at the beach. I never remember being scared of water or not knowing how to swim.
I guess that is why as soon as my kids could walk, I started looking for someone to teach them swimming lessons. My #10 is the lady who taught all three of my kids to swim. She plays a mean game of tennis, and in the summer months, she teaches swimming lessons in her backyard pool. When my oldest, Blake was 3, he went to take lessons at her house. They were either taught by OT or her son who was helping out for the summer. I remember that when I called to register, she only scheduled five 30 minute lessons. I remember thinking...no way will this be enough. "Did you not hear me? I want him to learn how to swim!" But...at the end of one week, I had a fish on my hands. (Score 1 for swim instructor and 0 for the new mom) Specific strokes were not quite as good as Michael Phelps, but he could definately swim underwater, get out of the pool if he fell in, and float on his back long enough to yell for help. Success!
Same thing for Zachary and then Seth. We all enjoy swimming in our pool, tubing behind the boat and playing at the beach every summer and even into fall! Enjoy the pictures and thanks #10.
(Kinda looks like me, doesn't he!)
Key words: swimming, hold your breath, put your face in the water, mean tennis slice

No comments:
Post a Comment