Monday, June 21, 2010

#265 - SK

Before I get to his blog-ee, let me just say, "Yikes!  Only 100 Left!!!!!"

#265 is a friend of my dads and has been a friend to Jeff and I for many years now.  He is very kind and thoughtful and always makes me smile...even when I had to treat him for his many broken parts after he thought he could fly from the top of a ladder.  For the record, I have to say that treating him was quite an experience as he may hold the record of my tallest patient with the most broken parts.  But...all's well that ends well and he pulled through rehab like a champ!

One of the things that endears him to me is that he always remembers birthdays and anniversaries.  I'm not sure if he just has a great memory, or a really good calendar, but he usually does not miss either occasion and I get a phone call wishing me a good day (for my birthday) or to tell me how sorry he is that I have to put up with Jeff (anniversary)!  Very thoughtful and always appreciated!

He also has the honor of being a passenger in my very first helicopter ride.  Those of you who read my blog faithfully may remember this post.  #265 was a passenger in the back seat as we toured the Grand Canyon and as I screeched and panicked in the front seat, I could hear him chuckling in my headphones.

Jeff and I have had some fun trips to Las Vegas with #265, his wife, and my parents.  My very first trip to Vegas was with them and I will never forget his "high roller" suite that came complete with a bust of Caesar.


I remember crashing their suite to catch a little sleep before boarding the "red eye" flight home. We took a little snooze on the couch and I woke up a little disoriented with this guys staring me down. Almost gave me a heart attack!  I don't think I have ever seen a room with so much gold lame' before of since!

#265 is a good friend and a good guy!  I thank him for all the good wishes over the years and hope another trip is in the works soon!

No comments: