This post is about my mom's older brother. It is kinda a hard post to write because he was kinda a hard guy to know. He was the oldest of six children (my mom being the oldest girl) so I know that he had a lot of responsibility from an early age. He married my aunt who I love and had two wonderful boys (aka boy cousins) who now have families of their own. He opened and ran a very successful oil-field service company which he left to his wife and sons when he passed away.
I know my mom loved him a bunch and misses her older brother. He was also good friends with my dad when they were growing up. They all grew up on Levron Street which was the site of "the park" where they played baseball and hung out. My mom's parents owned the snowball stand at the front of the park and I think all the kids worked there (or just stole snowballs) at one time or another. I am so close to my siblings that I cannot imagine the day that one of them is not a quick phone call away.
Like I said earlier in the post, he was kinda hard to get to know so I don't have a lot of things to say. He was very smart. He always wore dark sunglasses. He didn't talk much. He called me Neek (or maybe he was just mumbling and I didn't quite catch it :) He loved the outdoors and passed on his love of hunting and fishing to his boys. He left behind a wonderful wife and two boys that I know he would be proud of. He had his problems like we all do. He liked his spirits and the game of chance, but he was a good Christian man and he is missed by his family, his brothers and sisters, and his mother.
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment