*Please note - although the initials are the same, this is not a local therapist whose first name rhymes with "Geaux" and has two sons who are in the same field! :)
Sometimes in the field of PT, you can get bogged down by paperwork. Depending on your typing or writing speed, it can sometimes take up just as much time as actually treating the patient. I try, every day, to stay on top of my paperwork, but as my office will tell you, I am not always successful. This post however is about one certain PT that makes a bad name for all of us out there. I worked with him a long time ago, and I heard many people complain about him. In essence, he was about the paperwork and not about the care at all. I had patients tell me that he went to their house for therapy and sat on the couch and did paperwork for 30 minutes while they walked back and forth. I could go on and on, but I will just say that he lacks good ethics when it comes to his profession. It is not that he is a bad therapist, it is that he is more about the quantity than the quality. Unfortunately, as we are being asked to work harder and harder for less pay...their will be more therapists like him. Because of him and therapists like him, people do not seek the services of a therapist because they do not think that it is beneficial. I have had many patients who have been to our clinic who will tell you otherwise. They may have seen this particular therapist, or a therapist like him prior, but once they receive services at our clinic, they know what therapy should be like and how much it can help. I'm sure it sounds like I am tooting my own horn...but that is because I am. I do not play at being a good PT, I am one. I am a therapist, hear my patients ROAR!!! Just kidding...I got a little carried away.
Anyway, #249 is everything that I do not want to be as a medical professional. I hope that what I have learned from him will help me be the best that I can be...if only to prove to all his former patients what it is all about.
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment